Apprentice Materials Evaluation Centre (MEC) Technician
Impression Technologies (https://impression-technologies.com/) are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and conscientious Apprentice to join the Materials Evaluation Centre working to develop their patented HFQ® hot aluminium forming process.
We are currently in an important phase of business growth as we work to upscale the process into high volume applications through our global licensees. At the heart of this is the work of the MEC to deliver high quality materials data and develop new technology. You will be part of a team and work closely with the wider technology delivery and process teams. You will develop a broad range of skills and capabilities and have a varied workload. You will work towards independently performing high quality materials testing, characterisation and measurement with the opportunity to develop skills in design, coding and electronics. You will also be encouraged to communicate and share results and ideas verbally and in documents.
Reporting to the Head of Metallurgy, you will be based in the Materials Evaluation Centre and be a key part of the technology development team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, British company who specialise in advanced high temperature metal forming technologies.
- Conduct material tests and experiments methodically and safely in line with agreed experimental plans, SOPs and risk assessments
- Collect and analyse accurate 3D scanning data for forming validation trials
- Develop skills in materials characterisation, engineering design, software and electronics to support growth of the MEC activities
- Prepare timely, accurate and concise technical reports
- Monitor equipment performance and perform routine maintenance tasks
- Risk assess current and new laboratory protocols
- Occasionally support press production trials
- Order, prepare and store laboratory test specimens using the inventory system
- Keep laboratory well ordered
- Over 18 years old
- English, Science and Maths GCSE’s grade 6 or above
- IT literate (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Organised, structured, safety conscious and an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team working skills
- Enjoys problem solving
- Strong interest in engineering and materials
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience of laboratory environment
- Interest in sheet metal forming
37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day)
Monday to Thursday 08:00 til 16:30, Friday 08:00 til 13:00.
On rare occasions, an earlier or later start time may be requested to support critical work.
In line with the National Minimum Wage (dependent on age).
Apply for this Apprenticeship
Please login with your registered apprentice account to view this application form. Not registered as an Apprentice? Click here to register.