Apprentice Multi Skilled Engineering Technician
Multi skilled Engineering Technician
PCE Group designs and builds solutions to industries problems with a worldwide customer base. Within our sites at Lutterworth and Beccles we have all the skills to develop and build such solution in house and require talented individuals to join the team. This role has plenty of opportunity to learn and develop whilst working at PCE Group, gaining a broad range of skills to become a multi-skilled engineer in mechanical and electrical engineering.
Duties will include:
- Mechanical fitting and assembly
- Electrical Assembly including Panel building
- Machinery alignment and commissioning for FAT
- Machinery installation and commissioning at customer’s site
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Level 3 Technician Apprenticeship is primarily delivered in the workplace with 5 days a week attendance at college for the first year. Then one day at college for the remaining three years. Should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are also required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
39 hours a week, Monday-Friday
Skills & Qualifications:
Maths, English, Science based subjects, especially physics. Resistant Material
- Good natural use of tools
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions
You will need to be:
- A genuine interest in Technology and Engineering
- Planning and Organising
- Takes on personal accountability
- “Can Do” attitude and sense of urgency
- Target focused and decisive.
- Curious and creative
- Embraces and thrives on change
- Focus on personal development
First year of training is full time at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre in Coventry.
Years 2, 3 and 4 would be primarily based at the site in Lutterworth.
Address: PCE Group, Unit 7 Wycliffe Industrial Park, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4HG
At times the apprentices would be asked to attend client sites to support with the installation and commissioning of automated systems.
Apply for this Apprenticeship
Please login with your registered apprentice account to view this application form. Not registered as an Apprentice? Click here to register.