Apprentice Product Design and Development
Brief overview of the role
Working within a research and development environment, the candidate will be directly involved in the validation and proving of key technologies used within FAST’s expanding range of home products. The right candidate will be highly motivated individual with a natural attention to detail.
- Testing products to ensure quality and reliability
- Specification and implementation of test rigs and logging equipment
- Development and implementation of specific processes
- Monitoring and recording tests
- Flexible approach to working hours and duties to support test activities as and when required
- Using bench test equipment such as multi meter, oscilloscopes, programming tools etc.
- Diagnostic and fault finding on assemblies to component level
- Strong analytical skills – able to identify solutions and implement
- Present information clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication
- Ability to read, understand and diagnose failed electronic assemblies
- Design and make test fixtures, cables and other ancillary parts needed for testing
- Soldering skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer literate, specifically Word and Excel
- Good written and communication skills
- Understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations
- Understand document construction using scientific techniques
- Systematic approach to their work
Minimum of GCSE Mathematics, English language and science passes at grade 4 or above and two other GCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
Apply for this Apprenticeship
Please login with your registered apprentice account to view this application form. Not registered as an Apprentice? Click here to register.