Apprentice Product Design and Development
Working within a research and development environment, the candidate will be directly involved in the validation and proving of key technologies used within FAST’s expanding range of home products. The right candidate will be highly motivated individual with a natural attention to detail.
- Days and times to be confirmed.
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- Testing products to ensure quality and reliability
- Day to day management of test equipment
- Specification and implementation of test rigs and logging equipment
- Development and implementation of specific processes
- Monitoring and recording tests
- Flexible approach to working hours and duties to support test activities as and when required
- Using bench test equipment such as multi meter, oscilloscopes, programming tools etc.
- Testing products in line with procedures
- Diagnostic and fault finding on assemblies to component level
- Strong analytical skills – able to identify solutions and implement
- Present information clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication
- Ability to read, understand and diagnose failed electronic assemblies
- Design and make test fixtures, cables and other ancillary parts needed for testing
- Occasional support for other projects within the R & D department
Requirements and prospects
- Soldering skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer literate, specifically Word and Excel
- Good written and communication skills
- Understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations
- Understand document construction using scientific techniques
- Systematic approach to their work
Minimum of GCSE Mathematics, English language and science passes at grade 4 or above and two other GCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
With a good grounding in all aspects of development engineering the right candidate can forge their own path. Software Engineering, Test Engineer, Hardware Engineer, Cloud Developer etc.
Willing to support further learning such as HNC, HND, BEng.
About the employer
FireAngel Safety Technology is a rapidly expanding company. With its head office in Coventry, FAST is Europe’s leading home safety products supplier. The company designs and manufactures a range of market leading products that provide peace of mind and keep you safe.
Supported by a strong commitment to quality and customer service, the brand is established as a market leader worldwide; a firm favourite with wholesalers, specific and electrical installers. FAST produces over 8 million products a year, selling into all major names in the retail and DIY sectors as a well as supplying over 90% of UK fire and rescue services.
THE MTC – ADVANCED MANUFACTURING TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
- Susan Reilly
Training to be provided
The 4 year Apprenticeship Programme has been designed to develop the vital skills and experience required by our next generation of engineers and technicians.
The FireAngel apprenticeship has all the key components to redefine what engineering is and can be in the future. Helping to lead this change in perception by delivering apprenticeships that inspire and deliver new skills to future proof UK manufacturing.
By joining FireAngel as an apprentice we are confident that you will gain the vital skills in order to achieve success in a rewarding sector.
Your first year of study will be undertaken at the MTC Ansty Park, Coventry Training Centre, CV7 9JU, which is easily commutable.
There is a regular 30 minute bus service to Ansty Park from Coventry City Centre.
Day to day duties will include learning and gaining competence within:
- Manual Fitting
- Fluid Power Systems
- Mechanical Assemblies
- Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and using Industrial Robots
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Techniques
- Application and Principles of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Maintenance of Mechanical Systems
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices
Apply for this Apprenticeship
Please login with your registered apprentice account to view this application form. Not registered as an Apprentice? Click here to register.