Business Administration Apprentice
To work with the Executive PA to provide administration support across the business in a timely and efficient manner, whilst undertaking NVQ Business Administration Apprenticeship Levels 2 & 3.
- Essential to have ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues across the Departments.
- Will be required to communicate at all levels of the business, including presenting on a regular basis to managers and the CEO.
- Essential to be able to effectively communicate within the team assigned to as well as maintaining good links across the Business Admin Team.
- Ability to work independently whilst maintaining contact with team and line manager, especially if working from home.
- Expected to always question the way things are done in each department assigned to and not to be afraid to question.
- Expected to make improvements in systems where able or make suggestions for improvements where applicable.
- Encouragement always given to lead the Business Admin Team in a specific event, eg on Team Building Events to encourage team members to undertake full arrangements and co-ordination, take a full part in the event, and lead the team where this is appropriate.
- At least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths
- Some work experience would be useful, although other relevant activities would be considered
- Need to have aptitude to complete relevant college training to support the Apprenticeship framework – liaising with college to deliver this, whilst also managing workload from MTC.
All aspects of the role are to be carried out as an exemplar within the business in adhering to the MTC RIGHT way:
- Acting responsibly, putting MTC’s interests ahead of personal ambition;
- Providing inspirational leadership to all who come in contact with you;
- Delivering in the broadest sense a great working environment;
- Leading with humility, honesty and integrity in all that you do;
- Promoting teamwork, supporting through difficult times and collectively celebrating our successes.
- Computer literate with good written and spoken communication Proficient in software packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint to user level. This includes the ability to give presentations and communicate one to one with staff and external stakeholders in a business manner.
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges to help improve the business. Able to demonstrate and give examples of proactivity.
- The ability to respond to changing priorities and handle a diverse
Apprentices will undertake placements across the business which will normally be 3-6 months in duration and will include opportunities to work in:
- Project management
- Events and marketing
- General management administration
- Legal administration
- Human Resources
- Reception and customer services
- Engineering Support
This is not exhaustive and could be adjusted to suit the needs of the apprentice and/or the business.
— — — — —
About the employer
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) aims to provide a competitive environment to bridge the gap between university-based research and the development of innovative manufacturing solutions, in line with the Government’s manufacturing strategy. The MTC was founded in 2011 by the University of Birmingham, Loughborough University, the University of Nottingham and TWI Ltd, and is part the High Value Manufacturing Catapult, supported by Innovate UK.
Although we’re a relatively young company, we continue to grow at a remarkable rate, going from 44 forward-thinking staff when we opened to being around 800 strong today. And it’s not just our staff numbers that have grown. Our already awe-inspiring campus at Ansty Park in Coventry, as well as our new offices in Liverpool, has enabled us to expand with the construction of three additional facilities, including the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre and the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing.
The MTC offers unlimited opportunities to Research Engineers, Project Managers, IT Specialists, Apprentices, Graduates and many more. Our facility houses some of the most advanced manufacturing equipment in the world and this provides a unique opportunity for manufacturers to develop new and innovative processes and technologies. We also offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package; including flexible working and an excellent pension scheme.
Our people are at the heart of all we achieve, and we proudly consider ourselves one team. We’re also an ambitious bunch, but while success is undoubtedly important to us, we’re committed to doing things the right way. So, our shared values – responsibility, inspiration, humanity and integrity, and teamwork are the starting point for all we do.
Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
Ansty Park, Pilot Way
Apply for this Apprenticeship
Please login with your registered apprentice account to view this application form. Not registered as an Apprentice? Click here to register.