Positions available = 1 (possible start date: 25.10.2021)
The 4-year Apprenticeship Programme has been designed to develop the vital skills and experience required by our next generation of engineers and technicians. By Joining the MTC as an apprentice we are confident that you will gain the vital skills in order to achieve success in a rewarding sector.
Your first year of study will be undertaken at our Ansty Park, Coventry Training Centre, CV7 9JU, which is easily commutable.
There is a regular 30-minute bus service to Ansty Park from Coventry city centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform daily preventative and routine maintenance activities on workshop equipment both mechanical and electrical .
- Work alongside external contractors to ensure machine services and repairs requirements are met in respect to MTC instruction.
- In conjunction with the Health and Safety team review external contractors’ health and safety documentation prior to work commencing on site.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping, work quality and work attitude.
- installation and acceptance of workshop equipment within the MTC Workshop workshops.
- Be responsible for own job preparation.
- Carry out fault diagnosis on mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Work with external contractors to ensure equipment has the correct services and is installed in line with MTC requirements.
- Respond to breakdowns & ad-hoc maintenance requests across all workshops .
- Produce service reports for all equipment maintenance.
- Carry out problem solving activities on equipment or system faults.
- Carry out annual services on workshop equipment.
Requirements and Prospects:
- Demonstrable problem solving and people skills
- Good IT skills
- If you have a passion for research / science / manufacturing / engineering and cutting-edge technology this is the place for you.
- An enthusiastic enquiring mind, a problem-solving attitude where the candidate will be confident in putting across their ideas.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude towards work.
- They must be capable of working to the highest standard, either on their own or as part of a team.
- 5 x GCSEs Grades 4 or Higher or at A*-C or equivalent
- Must include a minimum of maths, English Language and a STEM subject
Apprentices upon successful completion of the end point assessment will be awarded a certificate for the Engineering Technician Level 3, Product Design and Development Apprenticeship standard.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship completion will meet the entry criteria for the apprentice to progress onto a Level 6 B.Eng. (Hons) Product Design and Development Degree Apprenticeship. This progression will be reviewed with your employer at the completion of your apprenticeship programme and cannot be guaranteed at this stage.
Things to consider
Based on Ansty Business Park, travel from Coventry city centre should not be an issue. There is a regular bus service from Coventry city centre. The X30 bus service runs every 30minutes to the business park.
During the Apprentice program you may be required to undergo an enhanced CRB check to enable you to become a STEMnet ambassador. Due to the nature of some of the work at the MTC you may be required to sign the official secrets act.
There is also the possibility of completing Duke of Edinburgh Gold award.
Questions for Candidates:
Describe what attracts you to an Apprenticeship in Engineering at the MTC. Please ensure you highlight your academic progress and achievements so far, including predicted grades. (Minimum 200 words)
What makes you stand out from other applications? Please list 3 things detailing why we should employ you? (Minimum 100 words)
About the Employer:
The MTC – http://the-amtc.co.uk/myfuture/apply/
The MTC’s Lloyds Bank Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre (AMTC), located on the campus of the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) at Ansty Park, Coventry, bordering both Rugby and Coventry, has been designed to provide premium training for the next generation of engineers and technicians.
The Apprenticeship programme has been designed to develop the vital skills and experience required by our next generation of engineers and technicians.
The MTC has all the key components to redefine what engineering is, and can be in the future. Helping to lead this change in perception by delivering apprenticeships that inspire and deliver new skills to futureproof UK manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for opportunities in a variety of disciplines, including:
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance
- Multi-skilled Maintenance
- Tool making
- CNC Programming
- Production Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
Unit 5, Ansty Park, Pilot Way, Coventry, CV7 9JU
Apply for this Apprenticeship
Please login with your registered apprentice account to view this application form. Not registered as an Apprentice? Click here to register.