As an apprentice within the business, you will be expected to develop your knowledge across the variety of areas of the production area with the future vision to become a fully trained operator / setter / programmer. With a main focus within the Milling section this development will be supported by rotations in to the other production areas including, Fixed Head turning, Sliding Head turning and Quality. You will be required to support the setting and operation of the machine tools, maintaining quality and production performance at all times.
- You will learn the foundations of machining and manufacturing techniques and the equipment used, including CNC Turning and Milling machine tools.
- You will develop knowledge of metal cutting processes across a range of materials including Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Titanium and Inconel.
- You will learn how to use manual inspection equipment and perform first principle inspection of components.
- You will develop an understanding of the function of the Quality Management System within a manufacturing business.
- You will gain knowledge of machine programming, both long hand and offline programming using CAD/CAM systems.
- This apprenticeship is aimed with progression towards a Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Operating and supporting the setting of production machines, including tooling, materials, workholding and fixtures.
- Pre-Kitting of queued job kits awaiting production.
- Operating machines where required to produce first off parts and continued batch production.
- Ensure component quality is correct to drawing specification, ensuring all geometric and dimensional tolerances are achieved.
- Ensuring raw material is prepared and available to machines, cross checking material specifications against job pack information.
- Remove swarf from machines as required and perform TPM checks on a daily basis for the machines they are responsible for on that day.
- Prepare machine for changeover once production has been completed on given part, completing a post-production kit check and identifying issues with tooling or workholding.
- Support production across the machine shop by advising and supporting inspection of components on other machines as required
- Responsible for keeping work area and machines clean and tidy and well organised.
- Attendance and timekeeping, hours of work
- Adherence to Technoset Health & Safety policy and processes.
- Embrace best practice in all areas, including Quality, H&S, 5S and maintenance
Key Skills, Knowledge & Personal Attributes
- High attention to detail in all aspects of work and a good attention span.
- A passion for engineering and manufacturing.
- Good IT Skills, use of MS Office in particular Excel.
- Good personal organisation, ability to prioritise, multi-task and self-manage.
- Good communication skills and a team player.
- Good workspace organisation and tidiness.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to innovate to find solutions.
- A proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
5 GCSE’s including Maths, English and Science
5 minutes away from Rugby Train Station
Apply for this Apprenticeship
Please login with your registered apprentice account to view this application form. Not registered as an Apprentice? Click here to register.