Health, Safety, Risks and Mitigation
Is this course for you?
- Do you or your team come into contact with loose powders in your workplace?
- Do you need to apply the latest health and safety guidelines and standards to methods of storage, handling and recovery of loose powders?
- Can you identify the risks associated with loose powders and are able to apply mitigation techniques?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, then this course is definitely for you.
This 2 hour online learning course is for workshop users, technicians and materials technicians who need to be able to identify health and safety risks associated with loose powders, for example during the additive manufacturing process, and how to apply the appropriate mitigation techniques.
By the end of this course you will be able to apply best practice safety guidelines when handling loose powders during a variety of processes, and be able to apply appropriate responses when faced with specific safety-related situations.
- Explain health, safety, laws and legislation associated with loose powders
- Describe health and safety (H&S) best-practice guidelines
- Identify hazards associated with loose powders
- Explain prevention and control methods used to reduce risk
- Recognise unsafe practices, applying appropriate mitigation techniques