Additive Manufacturing Health, Safety, Risks and Mitigation
Is this course for you?
- Do you or your team come into contact with additive manufacturing technologies in your workplace?
- Do you need to apply the latest health and safety guidelines and standards to methods of storage, handling and recovery of additive manufacturing materials?
- Can you identify the risks associated with additive manufacturing and be able to apply mitigation procedures?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, then this course is definitely for you.
This 1.5 hour online learning course is for workshop users, technicians and materials technicians who need to be able to identify health and safety risks in additive manufacturing and how to apply the appropriate mitigation technique.
By the end of this course you will be able to apply best practice safety guidelines to AM equipment, materials and post processing and react to AM specific safety-related situations with the appropriate response.
- Explain the H&S best-practice guidelines in AM from initial receipt through to final usage, recycling and disposal.
- Review the consequences of unsafe practices.
- Explain the associated risks of AM and what prevention methods can be used to mitigate unsafe practices.
- Identify the PPE guidelines for each powder-related task.
- Identify what to do in the event of an accident.