Business Improvement Techniques
Is this course for you?
- Do you need to become more competitive by improving your business process, but don’t know how to get started?
- Have you already made some improvements to the process, but they have not resulted in the anticipated benefits?
- Do you need a better understanding of which business improvement techniques are most relevant to your needs?
- Do you need help implementing improvements and ensuring that these are part of everyday practice?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this course is for you.
|Delivery||Face to Face|
This course is for individuals who are considering, or have been tasked with investigating, how to improve business performance: Owners, Senior Leaders, Technical Specialists, Production Engineers, Quality and Design Engineers and Programme Managers. The audience should also have a detailed knowledge of the organisation’s business processes and a clear reason for course participation.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Concisely articulate what Lean and Continuous Improvement is, and what it is not
- Use selected Lean and Continuous Improvement techniques to (for example):
- Carry out a visual audit and identify how workplace organisation can be improved
- Identify potential sources of waste and develop a plan for reducing or eliminating these
- Identify the root cause of operational problems and identify potential solutions
- Implement visual displays and controls to improved business performance
- Use standard operations to improve business stability, training and performance
• Introduction to Lean/Continuous Improvement
• Application of Lean techniques in a simulated operating environment
• Team Working
• Workplace Organisation / 5S + 1
• Problem Solving and Brainstorming
• Visual Management
• Eliminating Waste
• Standard Operations
• Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Flow + Production Levelling
• Line Walks (identifying opportunities for Lean)
• Applying Lean
• Change Management
The course concludes with an MTC expert visiting your workplace to discuss how the learning has been embedded back within the business and provide additional coaching and advice where necessary.