Data Protection Awareness
Is this course for you?
- Do you want to know the benefits and risks associated with protecting data?
- Do you want to understand the Data Protection Act?
- Do you want to identify the data protection principles?
- Do you want to identify the main exemptions from the Data Protection Act?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these, then this course is for you.
This 40 min online module is aimed at individuals who are looking to understand the requirements of the Data Protection Act and how to apply the data protection principles.
By the end of this module you will be able to successfully outline the requirements of the Data Protection Act, and explain what you and your business need to do to comply with the legislation.
- We look at the Data Protection Act, the benefits and risks associated with protecting data
- Who and what is covered by the Data Protection Act, and some key definitions
- We examine the six data protection principles, and explain what they mean in practice
- We set out the main exemptions from the Data Protection Act
- We identify the role and powers of the Information Commissioner’s Office