Design Drawing Best Practice
Is this course for you?
Do you ever experience challenges such as:
- Components not being manufactured as expected?
- Drawings getting rejected?
- Confusion or disagreements between departments, such as quality or production?
- Your design considerations being over looked?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this course is definitely for you.
|Delivery||Face to Face|
This course is for anyone who is responsible for interpreting, creating or checking engineering drawings as part of their role. Such as Design, Production and Quality Engineers or Technicians.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to correctly apply design drawing best practice to a given set of drawings.
- Identify the design intent of any given drawing through interpretation of the symbols and tolerancing
- Draw a component using best practice layout to BS8888 standards
- Apply geometric dimensions and tolerancing to a given drawing to BS8888 standards
- Demonstrate the most efficient and effective use of surface finish for a given design
- Demonstrate best practice in design considerations when using sheet metal
- Identify when it is appropriate to use configuration drawing and demonstrate best practice
- Demonstrate best practice in assembly drawings to BS8888
- Check any given drawing against BS8888 and provide accurate cost saving feedback