Design for Metal Powder Bed Fusion – Online & Live
Is this course for you?
- Explain how to optimise the functional design of a component for Powder Bed Fusion Additive Manufacturing?
- Exploit the design freedom of AM?
- Design a component with Powder Bed Fusion DfM (Design for Manufacture) considerations?
If you’ve answered ‘no’ to any of these, then this course is for you.
|Delivery||Online & Live|
This 2 day interactive online course is aimed at Design Engineers who are interesting in adopting additive manufacturing.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the design requirements in relation to AM suitability, material and process selection
- Develop your AM design using the unique opportunities AM has to offer.
- Deliver a workable design which complies with the considerations and restrictions of DfAM.
- Prepare for distribution through best-practice use of standards and digital file dissemination.
- When to use AM
- DfAM Mindset: Design thinking
- Part Down-selection
- Cost of AM
- Generative Design + Topology Optimisation
- Design for Post Processing/Inspection
- Material/Process Selection
- Build Preparation
- Design Process Documentation
- AM Standards
- Practical design task and evaluation