Design for Metal Powder Bed Fusion
Is this course for you?
- Explain how to optimise the functional design of a component for Additive Manufacturing?
- Demonstrate best practice in optimising a design for manufacture through simulation?
- Exploit the design freedom of AM?
- Describe best practice for down selection and finite element analysis?
If you’ve answered ‘no’ to any of these, then this course is for you.
|Delivery||Face to Face|
This 3 day practical course is aimed at Design Engineers who are interesting in adopting additive manufacturing.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the design requirements in relation to AM suitability, material and process selection
- Develop your AM design using the unique opportunities AM has to offer.
- Deliver a workable design which complies with the considerations and restrictions of DfAM.
- Prepare for distribution through best-practice use of standards and digital file dissemination.
- Introduction to Powder Bed Fusion
- When to use AM
- DfAM Mindset: Design thinking
- Part Down-selection
- Cost of AM
- Generative Design + Topology Optimisation
- Design for Post Processing/Inspection
- Material/Process Selection
- Build Preparation
- Design Process Documentation
- AM Standards