Design Rules for Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion
Is this course for you?
Are you a design engineer interested in creating products using Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion?
Do you want to prepare designs for submission to a bureau and be sure they will be approved?
This Online Learning course is aimed at Design Engineers looking to prepare models for manufacture using Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion at an external bureau.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the unique considerations a designer must deal with in order to create an effective Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion design
- Implement effective design adjustments in order to optimise key features (which would otherwise affect buildability)
- Identify methods to optimise a design for post-processing and inspection
- Apply process-specific design rules for Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion to example 3D models
- 1 Introduction
-How does Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion work?
-Introduction to designing for Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion
- 2 Designing for Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion
-What do I need to understand as a designer?
-What is unique about Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion?
-Overall guidelines and insight
- 3 Process-specific design rules (Design for Manufacturing)
-Design for Inspection
-Design for Post-Processing
- 4 Application
-Selecting correct adjustment
-Selecting complete design most suited to Electron Beam Powder Bed Fusion
-Case study based decision-making activity