Implementing Robotics into your Business
Is this course for you?
- Do you need to remain competitive by introducing automation and robotics into your business, but don’t know how to get started?
- Do you need to know how to realise the business benefits, how to overcome the barriers-to-entry and put together a robust business case and implementation plan?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these, then this course is definitely for you.
This course is for decision makers within a business who are considering or have been tasked with introducing automation and robotics into their businesses. Attendees will include senior engineers, project managers, finance teams or business owners of SMEs etc.
Upon completion of this blended course, you will be able to:
- Concisely articulate what automation is, and what it is not
- Describe the multitude of benefits of utilising automation
- Identify the barriers-to-entry and how to overcome or mitigate them
- Perform an evaluation as to when automation will benefit a given process
- Utilise various business tools, techniques and processes for when implementing automation
In order to minimise your valuable time away from your place of work, this course has been designed using a ‘blended learning’ approach. This means different delivery methods are used in conjunction with each other and allows certain elements to be completed on-line, at your convenience.
The course is broken down into three parts:
Part-1: On-line eLearning Module (0.5hrs duration)
This eLearning module takes the seemingly complex subject matter, and through the use of engaging animations, video and interactive activities, simplifies the content to make it easy to digest whilst you learn at your own pace.
Part-2: Face-to-Face Workshop at the MTC Coventry (8hrs duration)
This workshop takes you through the entire process of implementing automation within your business. During the session you will:
- Review real-life case studies of automation in use and identify the benefits realised
- Have peer-to-peer discussions will other course delegates to explore both the tangible and intangible benefits of implementing automation
- Working in groups to explore the various barriers to implementing automation and agreeing how best to overcome or mitigate them.
- Learn the techniques and key factors used to evaluate if automation is viable, then apply those techniques to industry-based case studies
- Identify the various factors that need to be considered when performing a return-on-investment (ROI) analysis, then apply those factors within a business case
- Work through each step of the implementation process and practice using the associated tools and techniques within each step
- The workshop concludes with the issuing of a work based exercise that is designed to help you apply the techniques learnt during the workshop within the real world
Part-3: On-line Webinar
A live webinar session covering the latest innovations in intelligent automation. Learn about the main concepts of Artificial Intelligence, Cobots and Data mining and gain expert insight in where the technologies discussed will lead us.