Our online pre-course material sets the scene, including TED talks and other resources that explore the impact and nature of mentoring and how it differs from other support roles.
Delegates will then attend a one-day course at our state-of the-art training centre, where they’ll take part in five sessions throughout the day.
- Session 1: What is a mentor?
- Session 2: Why be a mentor? Your role in the learner’s journey
- Session 3: What will my mentoring role involve?
- Session 4: What tools can I use? Tools and tips for successful mentoring
- Session 5: Final Course Activity: Personal Action Plans
In the three to six months after the course, delegates are invited to engage through our online forum to share success stories, discuss and solve challenges, and provide mutual support through a network of mentoring peers.
“When you’ve worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed.” – Michelle Obama