Practical Insight into Directed Energy Deposition
Is this course for you?
- Are you considering entering into Additive Manufacturing using Directed Energy Deposition, but need to see and experience more about the benefits and design possibilities?
- Do you need expert demonstrations and advice regarding the associated processes, software/hardware and materials?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this course is for you.
|Delivery||Face to Face|
This three day face-to-face course is for engineers, engineering technicians, graduates, and managers wanting hands-on experience in Directed Energy Deposition.
By the end of this course participants will be able to accurately explain the Directed Energy Deposition process and recognise how it could benefit their organisation.
- Explore the variety of processes available, highlighting the benefits of an AM printing process over conventional manufacturing processes
- Investigate key design rules for making parts more suitable for manufacturing using Industrial 3D printing
- Investigate how using ‘Design for AM’ processes can promote the novel use of AM
- Discuss AM Directed Energy Deposition processes with a practical insight into safe and effective use
- Investigate the different metals used in Directed Energy Deposition AM and identify the links between material properties and part application
- Explore the various post-processing and inspection techniques used and describe their importance in Industrial 3D printing