Practical Insight into Metal Powder Bed Fusion
Is this course for you?
- Are you considering entering into Additive Manufacturing, but need to see and experience more about the benefits and design possibilities?
- Do you need expert demonstrations and advice regarding the associated processes, software / hardware and materials?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this course is for you.
This course is CPD accredited.
|Delivery||Face to Face|
This course is for anyone in an experienced engineering role but new to Additive Manufacturing (AM) and wanting to learn more
- Accurately explain the Additive Manufacturing – Metal Powder Bed Fusion process and the ways it can benefit your organisation.
- Explore the variety of processes available, highlighting the benefits of an AM process over conventional manufacturing processes.
- Investigate key design rules for making parts more suitable for manufacturing using AM.
- Investigate how using ‘Design for AM’ processes such as topology optimisation and latticing can promote the novel use of AM through part complexity, light weighting and consolidation.
- Discuss AM Powder Bed Fusion processes (both laser and electron beam melting) with a practical insight into safe and effective use.
- Investigate the different materials utilised in powder bed fusion AM and understand the links between material properties and part application.
- Explore the various post-processing and inspection techniques used and understand their importance in AM.
See objectives above