Reverse Engineering Parts by Additive Manufacturing
Is this course for you?
- Do you have an item or part that you’d like to replicate or produce using additive manufacturing technology, but do not have a digital design file?
- Do you need to identify an appropriate process, tools and software for reverse engineering particular kinds of parts?
- Do you need to recognise how to apply reverse engineering principles to additive manufacturing processes?
If you can answer yes to any of the above, this course is for you.
|Delivery||Face to Face|
AM Applications Engineer
AM Design Engineer
On completion of this course, participants will be able too:
- For a selected part, describe the potential value of reverse engineering to recreate the part using AM
- Identify an appropriate scanning technology to obtain a digital 3D model of a selected part that captures all relevant part characteristics
- Identify suitable software processes to address relevant re-engineering requirements for making the selected part using AM
- Recognise additional AM process considerations for the part that would be required to successfully build with AM
This 1-day face to face course will include
- Introduction to the context and potential applications of reverse engineering, as well as defining business value
- A detailed coverage of the process steps and technologies involved in reverse engineering a part to be made using AM, and variations depending on application
- A workshop tour / demonstration of scanning technology for different reverse engineering applications
- Practical activities to apply the process, and define the capabilities and limitations of digitising an item to prepare for the AM build