Reverse Engineering Parts for AM – Online & Live
Is this course for you?
- Do you have an item or part that you’d like to replicate or produce using additive manufacturing technology, but do not have a digital design file?
- Do you need to identify an appropriate process, tools and software for reverse engineering particular kinds of parts?
- Do you need to recognise how to apply reverse engineering principles to additive manufacturing processes?
If you can answer yes to any of the above, this course is for you.
|Delivery||Online & Live|
This 1 day virtual classroom course is aimed at AM Applications Engineers and AM Design Engineers who want to be able to reverse engineer parts.
By the end of the course you will be able to, for a selected reverse engineering application, design a suitable four-step workflow to reconstruct the part with AM.
- Introduction to the context and potential applications of reverse engineering, as well as defining business value
- A detailed coverage of the process steps and technologies involved in reverse engineering a part to be made using AM, and variations depending on application
- A workshop tour / demonstration of scanning technology for different reverse engineering applications
- Practical activities to apply the process, and define the capabilities and limitations of digitising an item to prepare for the AM build