Design for Polymer Powder Bed Fusion
Is this course for you?
- Explain how to optimise the functional design of a component for Additive Manufacturing?
- Exploit the design freedom of AM?
- Design components which follow the particular design rules for your chosen polymer technology?
If you’ve answered ‘no’ to any of these, then this course is for you.
|Delivery||Face to Face|
This 2 day practical course is aimed at Design Engineers who are interesting in adopting polymer additive manufacturing.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the design requirements in relation to AM suitability, material and process selection
- Develop your AM design using the unique opportunities AM has to offer.
- Deliver a workable design with reference to the considerations and restrictions of DfAM.
- Introduction to Polymer Processes
- Part Down-selection
- DfAM Mindset
- Design Brief
- Generative Design & Topology Optimisation
- Cellular Structures: Lattices
- Compliant Mechanisms
- Design for Manufacturing
- Design for Post Processing & Inspection
- Practical Design Task
- Task Evaluation/feedback